Refit Project Management
Maz Ocean was awarded the project management of an extensive refit on a beautiful Lagoon 620. Maz Ocean took on the extensive refit project with a tight deadline of just 6 weeks. The project involved a number of aspects with Maz Ocean handling all the electrical, part of the electronics, and many marine systems. Maz Ocean utilized its vast sub-contractor relationships to handle additional areas outside of its expertise and to ensure the deadline was met.
The project was a great challenge but came together perfectly in the end. Maz Ocean team experienced an odd hiccup or two, but that is always expected when taking on a project of this magnitude. The Lagoon 620 set sail on time to meet its charter obligations.
The project involved custom solutions and installation of the below as well as additional modifications not listed:
- New Onan 13KW generator
- New Maretron monitoring system
- New Nobltec navigation software
- Upgraded marine electronics
- Upgraded and replaced marine electrical components:
- New 110V system for US appliances and outlets while maintaining the European 220V system
- 20+ new 110V outlets and USB jacks
- Shore power conversion
- New fridge/freezer and ice maker
- New distribution panel
- New audio/visual system
- Numerous carpentry modifications
- New Bimini, sails, and matching canvas
- New hatch screens/shades throughout
- General ecology water filters for the galley
- Tender overhaul including gel coat repairs, new seat cushions and covers, and all new electronics and stereo
- New stainless steel hand holds and hand rails
- Name change and installation of illuminating three dimensional lettering
- Hull decals replaced with colored gel coat and new window decals.
Maz Ocean’s completion of this major refit was possible through the tireless dedication of our staff and the various sub-contractors involved. A big thank you to our team and sub-contractors.
Maz Ocean’s ability to meet tight and sometime impossible deadlines is key to our success and the continued relationships with many satisfied customers. We look forward to future projects on Lady Katlo and a long term relationship with the Captain and Owner.
Improved functionality and additional features for marine electrical, electronics, and other systems
On-time execution of a major refit project